Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fingers Crossed...

tomorrow is my surgery date... so i am not sure when my next entry in here will be.  i was hoping to have written a few more entries by now, but oh well.  with my little man starting school this week we have been very busy.  i am not a morning person, so my hubby has been helping get little man ready for class.  they are both enjoying their time to bond.  i am feeling a little left out, but so grateful... i went on the first day to get pics... but since then daddy has taken him. 

on fridays at little man's school they do a morning assembly... this week they invited the parents to learn the school song.  i called the office of the school to ask how long the assembly would last... they can't really say because it depends on how quick the kids cooperate and learn the song.  they told me that it would definetly be over by 8:30am... i thought that was fantastic because the hospital wants me there for 9am and its about 1/2 hr away.  until yesterday... i got a hold of the pre-op nurse to get my questions answered.

they had me go in yesterday for pre-op bloodwork.  and told me that 9am is supposed to be the time of dye injection, they want me there for 8:30 am.  grrr... i don't wanna do this anymore... but its not something i can just forget about.  i have to do this.  i also found out that dr b is prepared to take sentinel nodes from left underarm or neck if needed.  i guess i knew that already... but somehow i was only prepared for underarm surgery.  so the thought of looking more like frankenstein with scars visible on my neck, and missing the school song sent me into tears again... my amazing hubby just grabbed me and held me tight.  he let me cry, all the while telling me he understood and it was gonna be ok... fast forward a little bit and thats when he decided we will be able to go to morning assembly, might be late to the hospital... but thats what they get for not giving us the right time in the first place...

it's not like i am not going all together.  i am just not gypping my son either.... or myself for that matter.  if all the stars line up then i could do both without being late, but wont know about that until tomorrow.  wish me luck it all works out for the greatest possible good... and that they dont actually find anything more, its just precautionary...

No comments:

Post a Comment