Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Battle...

there are lots of things to battle... for me, today it was my princess... we had a 55 min. battle of the wills.  that girl has some lungs... oh my.  she was super tired and apparently felt it necessary to battle until she fell asleep.  i called my mom for a little guidance... when i asked "when did i stop tantrumming & fit throwing?" to which my mom replied "you tell me, have you stopped that yet?" ... gotta love family...

after her humor, mom told me to try comforting princess... not giving in, but allowing her to be upset... and trying to calm her down.  i think that lasted another 20 something minutes... princess just kept on fitting & throwing her tantrum... i summoned all the patience i could muster... and i won!!! it may have taken almost an hour, but i did it!

i also had to battle my own inner demons today... i made a choice i have to live with... doesn't mean i have to enjoy it every minute of it... but i can't let it bother me like i almost did this morning... my little man's school needed volunteers.  i didn't complete the application in time because i can't make a consistent commitment right now.  i have surgery in 2 weeks... and i'm not sure how long it will take to recover.  since my hubby has wednesday off, he volunteered for helping compost & recycle during lunch.  i think this is awesome! but part of me was SUPER jealous... i really want to volunteer, but with the young kids they need consistence... right now that isn't an option.  at first, i was really upset with my hubby... the one time he could actually watch princess so i could help at little man's school he already signed up for.  then i realized it's not his fault... i made the choice not to complete the application in time... i know i can't commit like they want right now.  all i can do is make it through his first year, get my treatment squared away, and hope to be able to do more in the future...

i feel i am truly blessed that my biggest battle today was with my 3yr old... if only that was a daily truth...

No comments:

Post a Comment