Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

MIA...

sorry i have been MIA... i wasnt trying to be... but first my comp had 123 viruses... and then we let the internet bill lapse to make a better christmas for the little people.  not sure when i will be back online since the bill is part of a bundle... but i will be back.  i go in thursday to have a PIC line inserted... then start interferon on the 9th.  i am not looking forward to it, but i am doing it...

i hope the holidays were pleasant for all... i know i discovered another warrior lost her battle just before the new year... the silver lining is she was able to spend christmas with her family... just didnt make the new year... randi will be greatly missed.  she was an inspiration to me and many others.  my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends...

i was also trying to stack my luck for this new year... i have heard if you eat black eyed peas on new years day then you will have a good year... the last time i tried this was 2006... and that was the year my son was born, and i married my soul mate.  since hindsight is 20/20 i see that was a really good year... and even if i didnt like the taste of em... i shoveled as many black eyed peas as i could stand... 2011 was a mixed year- some good, some bad... but i gave in to my superstitious side this new years and tried to stack a little luck to make this year a good one... i know it sounds a little crazy... but if you knew me then you knew i was already a little crazy... then a cancer diagnosis.  i am just happy 2011 didnt bring me a rubber room... but i am learning i have more strength than i knew i had...

i will try not to be absent so long before my next post... i want to be able to share my experience on interferon... since that starts next week i will try to pop in at some point and update... 

No comments:

Post a Comment