Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 3 Complete...

this was a rough week for me... after treatment on monday i ended up with an awful headache... the physian assistant for chemo said it was probably a migraine... and it lasted 3 days... but thursday it wasn't there when i woke up... and friday was a better day too.  i have to be really cautious to stay hydrated... and it is difficult... i drink about a gallon of water a day now... and i still get dehydrated.

that didn't stop me from going out today tho... it was a gorgeous day... and there was an event for little man's school.  we went for about an hour and a half... basically just long enough to have lunch so the proceeds would go to the kids' school... and for the little people to get crazy amped up... 

we also tried to take those crazy children to the store... but we ended up leaving early because i don't have the energy or the patience i used to... i even had to take a break on a random empty bottom shelf in the store... an older lady offered me assistance... i explained i was just tired.... but there was alot of concern in her face so i briefly explained "i am in chemo monday through friday... my energy just isn't what it used to be."

i have one more week of daily infusions at the cancer center... then it is on to self injections for the next 11 months... they are sub cutaneous shots so i have been told they go someplace fleshy... i have plenty of cushion so it shouldn't be too awful... it's just the idea of giving them to myself that is wicked scary...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for what you are having to go through and wish you well. Keep positive thoughts! There is a wonderful support group called blogging for a cure which you can find a tab on my blog. They help me when I need to rant or just talk to someone. Journalism helps with the healing. Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here with you all the way Desiree. You're doing so well, I'm so proud of you!! I don't know that I could be as brave as you're being. Just know I think of you and send you lots of hugs and healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete